Home Of Foam
March 28, 2024, 07:59:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

Painting influence suggestions.

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Painting influence suggestions.  (Read 1161 times)
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2011, 11:48:33 am »

OK, suggest what you think would make a good color scheme/theme, and maybe someone could use it to paint one of there blasters. So put what colors, what blaster, if your thinking of a certain pattern explain it, or tell us about what you think would be a good theme...

OK here is one of my suggestions, a Spiderman theme, it could be red and blue, and if you were good with designs you could make a black web in there... So lets here some of yours now.
Report Spam   Logged

KIDD [01|Dec 04:17 PM]:   Chuck Testa
Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 01:46:19 pm »

Awesome paintjob.

1-Main colors-Super dark gray (but not exactly black) with dry brushed black with a silver with light gray dry brush.
Second colors-Lime green or bright red along with integration of the same color LEDs mounted inside.  I'm gonna do that to one of my mavericks after I finish my "green hornet" paintjob.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:37:41 pm by Lein » Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps
KiDD
Death the KiDD
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 03:04:35 pm »

I have a few, along with mixes for paints and such.

Deep blue - My signature paint scheme. I use a few different blues, a silver wash, and a black wash. To get the metallic blue, I use a blue with some metallic medium in it, then wash it with a silver wash.

Vengeance - Red, black, gray and white, washed with black. Makes a nice, distressed, menacing looking blaster.

Apocalyptic - Brown, copper/gold, silver, black. Use a black wash on corners, and dry brush in silver on the brown and black. Very nice results.

Companion cube - White with a tan and black wash, then pink hearts and "Companion Cube" written in.

Catalyst - Acid green, black. Add a wash to the green, and a biohazard stenciled in. Supah awesome results, this is my next paint scheme, after I retire my Quads and NFs.

My next scheme, Catalyst will be more focused on different blasters.

As a secondary, it'll be a Pistol splat, and my primary, a quadshot, or more likely a PAS.

(I'll post more later, busy at the moment.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:23:20 pm by KiDD » Report Spam   Logged

I do commission's year long, PM me for details.
redfish

I have done nothing productive all day

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 07:54:31 am »

Hm... I like to do fades, as you saw in the T.U.N.A. I probably shouldn't have done it with black and red, but maybe blue and red or something like that would work. I also like to do a sort of "dusting" effect, where I hold the can of spray paint well away from the blaster and sort of mist it lightly. This makes it look like it has a fine dusting of that color. It works particularly well with fluorescent colors, because they let the paint beneath show through in normal lighting, but totally glow under a black light. It's almost like invisible UV paint.

The only themes I can really think of right now are based on fish and fishing... haha I guess I really am a fish-brain.
My boat is brilliant blue with a white interior and blue highlights, and sky blue and white look good together. I could see a blaster that was primarily sky-blue with white details and a white barrel.
Alot of fish are silver bodied, maybe with olive backs and white bellies, and have yellow fins. So a blaster with a white handle and underside, olive-colored topside, silver sides, and yellow details (trigger, barrel, whatever mechanism is used for cocking, etc.) would match that. It would definitely be interesting...
What I really want to figure out, though, is how to make a fish-scale effect. I could always use lure tape, but I like spray painting things. I wonder if they make any stencils or anything like that? Any ideas?
Report Spam   Logged

NERF IS AWESOME!!!!!!!1!!!!!!111!!!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!ONE!!!!!ONEHUNDREDANDELEVEN!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 09:42:09 am »

Blue gil or rainbow trout paint job? Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
redfish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 12:20:18 pm »

Those are pretty fish, especially the mountain trout I've caught in the Weminuche in CO. I wonder if you could simulate the iridescent colors by using a primary layer of metallic silver or gold, then "dusting" it down the middle with different colors? Several layers of clear gloss helps impart a certain deepness and richness to any paint job, and I think it would do wonders for replicating iridescence.

I've got a couple blasters I haven't painted yet, some functional and some not; I'll do some experiments with them. I think I'll test out my theories on wood first before I paint the guns.
Report Spam   Logged

NERF IS AWESOME!!!!!!!1!!!!!!111!!!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!ONE!!!!!ONEHUNDREDANDELEVEN!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 01:17:39 pm »

Those are pretty fish, especially the mountain trout I've caught in the Weminuche in CO. I wonder if you could simulate the iridescent colors by using a primary layer of metallic silver or gold, then "dusting" it down the middle with different colors? Several layers of clear gloss helps impart a certain deepness and richness to any paint job, and I think it would do wonders for replicating iridescence.

I've got a couple blasters I haven't painted yet, some functional and some not; I'll do some experiments with them. I think I'll test out my theories on wood first before I paint the guns.

That's what I mean, I'm not much of a fisher, but I know that those ones are pretty. I live in MI, so I am familiar with those fish. You almost need some kind of pearlescent type thing to emulate that.
Report Spam   Logged

KiDD
Death the KiDD
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 03:30:16 pm »

Yup, you'll need car paint. Or at least ghosting spray.

Ghosting spray isn't to pricey, but I dunno if it works with regular paint.
Report Spam   Logged

redfish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 07:01:00 pm »

Nail polish.  Shocked It's basically refined car paint, and it comes in all sorts of weird colors, many of which are iridescent. I have an older sister, and she leaves bottles of this stuff lying around all the time. I used to use them as head cement when I was tying flies.
Report Spam   Logged

KiDD
Death the KiDD
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 07:11:56 pm »

Nail polish.  Shocked It's basically refined car paint, and it comes in all sorts of weird colors, many of which are iridescent. I have an older sister, and she leaves bottles of this stuff lying around all the time. I used to use them as head cement when I was tying flies.
Yup, used it before. Not the best, but it works.  Make sure you use several coats of sealant.
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 07:15:58 pm »

Here is my favorite paintjob: White and black with red detailing. I love how it looks.

My second favorite is red with black detailing.

I also like blue with black detailing.

Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
redfish

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 09:50:20 pm »

Here is my favorite paintjob: White and black with red detailing. I love how it looks.

My second favorite is red with black detailing.

I also like blue with black detailing.

I love all of those, too. My only problem is that I really like black as a base color... which is not a good idea, as I have found out.
Report Spam   Logged

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 09:42:27 am »

I wondering there for a minute, so you have a sister, I was going to think you had enough shame to go to a store and buy it. XD

I love all of those, too. My only problem is that I really like black as a base color... which is not a good idea, as I have found out.

Yeah I know, I kind of like that too, it just not a very good idea... I know you got a storm of crap from post T.U.N.A on HQ.
Report Spam   Logged

redfish

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 10:29:50 am »

Yeah I know, I kind of like that too, it just not a very good idea... I know you got a storm of crap from post T.U.N.A on HQ.

It wasn't really a storm of crap, it was just a bunch of bullsh*t. I'm glad that my fallacy was pointed out to me, but I think that it distracted from the real beauty of the gun- the mechanism. I got so many comments on the paint job but very few regarding the gun itself. That was irritating.

This isn't really a paint job, but it is purely for aesthetics- anybody ever thought about using carbon fiber? Mcmasters sells carbon fiber tubes and sheets, although it is wicked expensive. You could have like a carbon fiber barrel. (It's also really slick so the darts would slide out pretty easily.) 3M also makes a carbon fiber textured vinyl, which is like really awesome stuff. It's super-realistic with a really deep finish, and if it gets crinkled you can use a blow-dryer to even it out again. It stretches to cover oddly shaped parts and whatnot. The only place I can find it is a computer mod store: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11899/mes-09/3M_DI-NOC_Carbon_Fiber_Modders_Vinyl_-_Black_-_12_x_12.html?tl=g44c495s1333
Report Spam   Logged

Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 04:19:10 pm »

I've always wanted to do rogues rock star fire 20 paint scheme except it would be java monster......yum Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: