Home Of Foam
March 28, 2024, 05:19:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

"Best" Nerf gun for different people

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Best" Nerf gun for different people  (Read 1750 times)
Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2011, 04:30:19 pm »

So, whats everybody's favorite Nerf guns? Mine is the NF.

Edit:

I decided to change it up a little bit, so that it is actually useful. I want to know your personal favorites for different factors. Those are:

Favorite range blaster

Favorite RoF blaster

Favorite "Just for fun" blaster

Favorite "all around" blaster

P.S., I also changed the title.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 03:13:22 pm by Techshooter » Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 06:10:07 pm »

Gotta go with meh Jolts and ratchet blast.
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps
Fractal
Editor

Holiest Man on the Forum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 02:02:51 pm »

I haven't had a lot of experience with older blasters, so my favorites from what I've used are probably the Recon and Raider.
Report Spam   Logged

Karma's a b*tch. Except in my case.
QBALL
Regular members

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 06:24:46 pm »

i love nitefinders,splats and all pistols in general really.I also love my big blast and 1500.
Report Spam   Logged

i mod stuff,when im not lazy.
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 10:03:14 am »

NF is my favorite, splats are up there, LS', and some I'm forgetting...
Report Spam   Logged

KIDD [01|Dec 04:17 PM]:   Chuck Testa
Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
Loran62

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 12:33:28 am »

if someone is looking for the best nerf gun eh? I've tested plenty of the new ones in the N-Strike line of 2009, and can safely say that I know of at least 2 that can fall under the "best of the best" category.

But before I reveal which I believe is the greatest out there, let me define what factors I use to rate and qualify a toy dart gun as the best:

Number and Ease of Mods - A worthy contender should have a plethora of great modifications, of which should also be fairly easy to implement.
Versatility - It can easily be used in a number of scenarios. From close to longer range campus hall battles in a game of Humans VS Zombies, it should do it all.
Speed - These toys aren't exactly the most accurate, and one way a great nerf gun will compensate this for is by offering faster rates of fire through ease of cocking. The easier it is to cock and shoot, the more chances you have to hit what your aiming for. Hey, sometimes its all about numbers.
Ammo Capacity - Since accuracy can be an issue, having more ammo is a great counter. The last thing you want to do is lose a battle while scrambling for more ammo... its not pretty. With that said, a great nerf toy will carry a good amount of ammo on the unit itself or use a clip that you can carry extras of.
Because accuracy and distance can be added to Nerf guns through a couple modifications, I did not include them in the above list.
Report Spam   Logged

Nerf Doctor
Contributors

Makes Cool S**T

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:08:16 pm »

Firstly: Meh Vulcan. This was my first nerf gun, and my all time favorite. It was one of my first mods too, getting 2 extra belts, and grinding the pegs out and conecting them. Such fond memories. After that though, i found some other people's voltage mods for the Vulcan. That was the real start. The highest voltage I ever had in my Vulcan was about 33v, from (3) 9v batteries and 4 C cell batteries. That was awhile back, before i learned why you don't do stuff like that. Anyway, it was awesome. Only about 3/4ths of the shells fired it was going so fast. Well, I digress.

My second favorite has to be my Ultimate Missile Blast. This I found when looking for a Big Blast, and have been with ever since. This was perhaps my most immersively modded blaster yet. All it had was a plugged pump and a threaded coupler, but I made so many different attachments, it turned out my most involved.

My third favorite:My Hydro Cannon. The only way to explain it is the feeling you get from shooting a singled Titan, and watching the dart shred. It's just like that.
Report Spam   Logged

Edit #3: I spelled the name wrong, so for about 10 minutes, our website logo was "Hoe of Foam".
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 03:10:36 pm »

I just stickied this, becuase I think this is a thread that can last a long while.  I am also going to add different catagories to the first post. Those would be:

Favorite range blaster

Favorite RoF blaster

As for me, for my favorite range blaster, I like my hoppered 4B. The thing is dead accurate, and the range is great.

For RoF, I currently like my minusbow. I thought it would be rather lond, but it's perfect for me. The priming is smooth,  it has a K25, and it gets the same range as my 4b. Emptying the 10shot clip in a couple of seconds is too much fun.

My favorite "just for fun" blaster is my praxis. Those disks are just too much fun...

And my favorite "all around blaster" is the NF. Mine shoot just as far as most primaries, and its tiny.
Report Spam   Logged

... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Nerf Doctor
Contributors

Makes Cool S**T

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 08:58:35 pm »

Seeing as the criteria for this thread have changed, I find it appropriate for another post:

Favorite range blaster-Ultimate Missile Blast-Most people say the Big Blast was/is better than the UMB, but since I've never had a 4B, I feel my UMB is better. 200' with breech and streamlines=awesome.

Favorite RoF blaster-Vulcan-Hands down, especially with my 33v mod.

Favorite "Just for fun" blaster-Hydro Cannon-Lots of fun with an absolver. And thats only at 5 Titan pumps. I'm kinda wanting to go to 10, with a single barrel Cheesy

Favorite "all around" blaster-Ultimate Berserker-Not only does it mod well-60' with stefans from the turret-just the look of it while charging at someone, or the ability to have rapid fire, while still having a chance to humiliate with an arrow, This is definitely my favorite all around, and even though it's and ergonomic disaster, the heftiness feels good, instead of running around with something tiny, like a NF, which I can throw farther than any are known to shoot.
Report Spam   Logged

Edit #3: I spelled the name wrong, so for about 10 minutes, our website logo was "Hoe of Foam".
yksnerf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 06:54:13 am »

Favorite range blaster

Favorite RoF blaster

Bampin' this topic because I'm trying to breathe some life into FU and HoF.

I've got multiple choices for each category.

Range blaster:
For screwing around, a titan. You can do anything with this and it will have the power to keep up. Coop's thrown one in a maverick before - they're surprisingly compact if you integrate them.

For HvZ or indoor, since I got it recently, I've taken a liking to Supermaxx 1500s - rotating turret, air powered, 4 shots. Good stuff. Especially with rear loading. If you don't want to hurt people, just pump the thing once.

For a legit war, I'd say a Supermaxx 1500 as well. Pump it twice and you're good to go with 100-140 foot ranges depending on darts. It's sexy as hell.

RoF blaster
HvZ or indoor, Raider, hands down. OMW kit in there is absolute madness when I play HvZ - Slam fire is a gimmick but I've used it quite a lot vs melee people where accuracy and range are less of an issue. I say the Raider over an Alpha Trooper because I've never used the latter, and I absolutely love the ergonomic of a Raider - Even with a side mounted 35 dart drum.

Legit war, I'm not going to count "____ with a hopper" because that's literally any Nerf gun out there. You can put a hopper on a Nitefinder and get 40-50 foot ranges - Flywheels I'm throwing out the window as well because they're all higher ROF and I hate flywheels more than I hate Mavericks and Vulcans.

My answer for this one is a Longshot with an angel breech. Shooting >100ft and you can use a 35 dart drum.

Just for fun

Just screwing around, I love Secret Strikes. They're so fun and small and I wish I would've stocked up on them when they were $1.50 at WalMart. You can do anything with one of these.

Doing something like going to someone's house and shooting Nerf guns at each other around a room, I love Recons. No real reason, I just like the small size and clip system.

All around is easily the Longshot. You can do anything with one of these in one of the coolest shells ever made. I'd say it's better than an Xbow for modding to be honest.
Report Spam   Logged
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 06:07:49 pm »

I just stickied this, becuase I think this is a thread that can last a long while.  I am also going to add different catagories to the first post. Those would be:

Favorite range blaster

Favorite RoF blaster

As for me, for my favorite range blaster, I like my hoppered 4B. The thing is dead accurate, and the range is great.

For RoF, I currently like my minusbow. I thought it would be rather lond, but it's perfect for me. The priming is smooth,  it has a K25, and it gets the same range as my 4b. Emptying the 10shot clip in a couple of seconds is too much fun.

My favorite "just for fun" blaster is my praxis. Those disks are just too much fun...

And my favorite "all around blaster" is the NF. Mine shoot just as far as most primaries, and its tiny.

@Yks, I forgot about this thread, and my post could use an update:

Range: It's either between my +bow or my 4B now. The accuracy of the 4B is fun, but the +bow has that something special to it.....

RoF: The Stampede. Hands down it's my favorite modded. It gets decent range, and after you put a different battery in it, it's balanced quite well.

Just for Fun: I love the jolt. I love sneaking up on my friends with that thing in my pocket.

All Around: It's a tie between my +bow and NF still. I love the versatility of the NF, but the +bow has that something special.......
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: