Home Of Foam
March 19, 2024, 03:00:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

1 Minute Banded Jolt

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Minute Banded Jolt  (Read 1729 times)
iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2012, 07:42:37 am »

This quick mod gave me an extra 10 feet with stock darts and 15 with stefans. I used some "scunci" brand hair bands that I found at Kmart ($3.50 for 14). The model number on the front of the card is 38205-A. These bands are 2 1/2" in diameter and stretch to 9 1/2". They are made from a pretty durable rubber like material and work well as a bungee substitute. If you hate the shock transmitted into your hand from heavy springs in your Jolt this may be for you. The clear band is stronger than the black and is harder to prime. The black band is pretty easy to prime and is likely the best bet. The clear one only adds a few more feet. I have been mucking about with this for about 2 weeks and have found both kinds to be durable. I would advise removing the band during storage to help preserve it's power. My experience was that a re-barreled Jolt was necessary. The darts mostly fishtailed like crazy with an ar-removed, stock barrel Jolt. Your mileage may vary. Surprisingly, there is no noticeable movement from the band during firing and it stays on during rough handling. The ends of the band do not get in the way during priming (although it does take a little getting used to). I had no problems with band breakage.

So here's what we'll start with:

Cut a few slots in your priming bar as pictured. I used a fiberglass cutting disk in a dremel. A needle file would work. I might try moving the slots a bit closer to the center next time.

Now simply hook the band into one of the slots and stretch it up over the top. Hook it into the other slot being careful not to get it twisted up. You can check the tension by plucking on the band like a guitar string. Pull the band around a bit to get it on there even. You can tell if it's mucked up when you prime it. The priming bar will lean to one side.

Bada-Bing. Done! Quick, eh?

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:06:44 pm by iamthatcat » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Nerf Doctor
Contributors

Makes Cool S**T

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:24:41 pm »

Very nice. How do the bands affect holding it though? It looks as if they would make it uncomfortable.
Report Spam   Logged

Edit #3: I spelled the name wrong, so for about 10 minutes, our website logo was "Hoe of Foam".
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 01:02:22 pm »

Wow, this is pretty good idea, although I have never seen this gun before... Would this work with a Nitefinder you think?
Report Spam   Logged

KIDD [01|Dec 04:17 PM]:   Chuck Testa
Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 04:02:22 pm »

Wow, this is pretty good idea, although I have never seen this gun before... Would this work with a Nitefinder you think?

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever. The Jolt is just a little harder to do, and I like the way he did it.
Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 04:30:45 pm »

I have two Grin If we ever meet up I can getz you one but KMart has tons of them usually.
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps
iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 08:29:20 pm »

Nerf Doctor, It's almost un-noticable. The right thumb does lay against the band near the fake screws but it's not a problem. Priming is different though. It takes a little getting used to, just because it feels funky with the bands there.
Report Spam   Logged

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 02:49:36 pm »

... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?... We need a new word for that...

I have two Grin If we ever meet up I can getz you one but KMart has tons of them usually.

Bah, there isn't a Kmart anywhere around here.
Report Spam   Logged

Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 03:01:53 pm »

Bah, there isn't a Kmart anywhere around here.
[/quote]
If you and mega trek over to byron center /grand rapid sometime spencerak and I are hosting a war this spring, interested?  There's a kmart about a mile down near the site.
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 05:26:08 pm »

If you and mega trek over to byron center /grand rapid sometime spencerak and I are hosting a war this spring, interested?  There's a kmart about a mile down near the site.

Thanks for the invite, but probably not...
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 07:17:38 pm »

... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?... We need a new word for that...

LOL SIGED!!! I thought that was newtering? Oh well... People have been bungeying NFs and TTG for years...
Report Spam   Logged

... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Nerf Doctor
Contributors

Makes Cool S**T

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 09:45:50 pm »

LOL SIGED!!! I thought that was newtering? Oh well... People have been bungeying NFs and TTG for years...
You mean neutering. Neutering is for small animals, mostly pets, and involves the animal being anaesthetized. Banding is for larger animals, such as cattle and sheep. With banding, the animal is awake, although there is relatively no pain, just the feeling like when your leg goes to sleep. After about 2-4 weeks, the scrotum will fall off from being without blood and rotting under the band, while the area above the band has grown together as if nothing was ever there. Banding is considered the most humane method of castration, much more humane than cutting and the whole drill-clamp-twisty method I don't remember the name for. Trust me on this stuff, I'm in FFA.
Report Spam   Logged

Edit #3: I spelled the name wrong, so for about 10 minutes, our website logo was "Hoe of Foam".
Exo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 03:18:47 pm »

Oh, dear. Mental images abound.
Report Spam   Logged

Professional trouble magnet of the NIC.
Hit me up if you want a war in Oxnard.
iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 08:37:32 pm »

I saw something I bet they used to do that on the tv show "Oditties". Super-Cringe inducing and gruesome/cool.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: