Home Of Foam
April 19, 2024, 07:47:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

Modification and Paint jobs thread.

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Modification and Paint jobs thread.  (Read 6894 times)
iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2012, 08:53:05 pm »

The orange cross is about 1/3 the length it was which helps a bit. That's the reason for the "stop" behind the blast valve. To keep it from jamming open. Cutting out the center of the cross and enlarging/chamfering the black and white bit of the tank as much as I dared helped too. Still needs work to reach the full potential but fun.
Report Spam   Logged

iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »

Reflex Rifle at v2.5

Shotcannon 4B Helix Re-Shell. I have to increase the flow to the front tank. I'm going to try the idea I have in mind (which is to run a hard auxiliary inlet to it) on the sharp-shot manta.

The future home of alot of barrels

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:36:42 pm by iamthatcat » Report Spam   Logged

iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2012, 03:40:24 pm »

I don't know if I have seen something quite like this although I have seen simlilar things. It's an absolver with 4 inline clips. I still have to test it as the glue is just drying now.

Here's the stuff I did at the back of the absolver with acrylic sheet. I haven't tested to see if manifolds help or hinder but I figured I'd try one here.

Edit : 3 pumps sends all the darts in the clips flying.. Lol. About 6 of them landed at 75' and the rest trailed behind a bit. Oops. I have to try tighter darts and fewer pumps but it's dark now.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:46:10 pm by iamthatcat » Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 07:19:41 pm »

I haven't posted anything I've modded lately. This is one of like 8 blasters, but this one is going in FU's contest. It's a brass and PETG breached deploy, that gets 50ft. flat with SLUGS and a RFDG spring. I need to get an L/R plunger tube and powerstock with female dog!!!

Breech closed:

Opened:

The writeup will be up soon.
Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 07:58:49 pm »

An effective deploy! Quite a unique beast! Certainly an unloved although popular blaster. I have been lookiing for an excuse to buy one even with the daunting # of screws. This does it for me. I will now go stare at some internals!
Report Spam   Logged

iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2012, 10:38:15 pm »

Shotcannon v 1.0. Oh god. It's ridiculous. Still needs a real trigger. I want to try 1", light silicone darts for it. It covers alot of square feet in darts out to 80'. It fires about 50 at once! It holds 80. You can do close range shots with one pump.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:21:56 pm by iamthatcat » Report Spam   Logged

iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2012, 07:17:25 pm »

I tried this out today and got decent performance and fine feeding. Ranges were 90' with decent accuracy. I think I can likely hit a smaller target at range with my NF. So kinda a bust. I didn't get the chance to do a longer clip since I didn't feel like disturbing the goop on the wye. I really would have to make a new one anyways for the sspb.

If I could expand the tank again and add a new pump this might be cool. A longer barrel may help accuracy. I'll likely try a turret once I do a pump replacement. I am trying to come up with something primary worthy out of a sspb.

Report Spam   Logged

FuryFoxx333

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2012, 07:00:32 pm »

First post on HoF! Yay!
Sharp shot:

Spectre:

Recon:

Firefly:

BBB:

Thats all for now, I'll post more pics later.
Report Spam   Logged
Exo

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »

Super Mauser: The clip is removeable, and it still needs a few more features, like a barrel leash and some sort of cover for the exposed brass, and maybe some work on the plunger seal. It was originally going to be a STEN/Mauser hybrid, but it would've been a lot more work, would've had too much deadspace, and might not have been an ergonomic prime. At least this design has almost no deadspace, so it gets the same range it would if it were singled. It has an ACE#49.

That last pic was a spacer and screw port combo, almost all of the screwports in that area were destroyed, and the front PT mounting bracket was broken earlier, so I made this thing for it to hold the PT/breech to the shell. It's rather sturdy.

Minimized BBB, has a washer (cup?) seal and a PVC coupler, and two slicghtly cut down ACE#49's in there. I only took off two coils at the most from each spring, but they fit really well in there. I think one shot got to 105' w/a 12" barrel, but it was a nuthead-esque dart, not my regular size hotglue dome.

And finally, some of my pictures look okay.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:20:24 pm by Exo » Report Spam   Logged

Professional trouble magnet of the NIC.
Hit me up if you want a war in Oxnard.
iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2012, 10:41:31 pm »

NeverWriteTwice style Buzz-Bee Double Shot. I added Tek-3 turrets, an SSPB & some foam.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:57:29 pm by iamthatcat » Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2012, 02:16:03 pm »

I've finally decided to take pictures of all of my guns.

First is my barricade. It has a 9volt battery mod, and it accepts clips.

Here is my Reflex rifle. It was easier for me to put the LSFG handle on the pump than make the Reflexes trigger work with it. And it's comfier.

Here is my other primary, along with my plusbow. My LAHB (aka 4b). It's coulplered with a hopper. Shoots mad far and accurate.

Next is my stampede. It's minimized with a 9.6 volt RC batter, and it has an AZTS spring in it. It shoots about 70 ft. flat, and it's my stock dart primary. I take part in stock dart wars a lot.

Next my two primaries together...

Report Spam   Logged

... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
iamthatcat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2012, 12:33:04 am »

Wow Tech that is so much quality, detailed stuff! All nicely done and looking effective. The barricade and stampede are interesting. You've got alot of ROF there! You reflex looks cool. and I bet it's a bit more ergo than mine.
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2012, 03:21:15 pm »

Wow Tech that is so much quality, detailed stuff! All nicely done and looking effective. The barricade and stampede are interesting. You've got alot of ROF there! You reflex looks cool. and I bet it's a bit more ergo than mine.

Thanks Cat. In stock dart wars, I carry my Stampede as a primary, and my Barricade on sling (that's why I have the folding stock). I might use the Stampede outside, too. Just imagine 18 darts coming at you...

I don't really know if my reflex is more ergo or not, but I like foregrips, and the reflex handle makes a nice one.
Report Spam   Logged

Exo

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2012, 01:11:03 pm »

It's Exostein's Monster! I had an old NF shell that had an ugly PJ on it, so I scraped it off, but there were some areas that were hard to get, but I liked it because it looked like dirt and grime, so I enhanced that effect, and added some blood. The bolt helps the effect a little bit. I also added a wood foregrip I had for another NF project that never happened, and I had some custom internals that were mostly experimental. The tube is a sink drain, so it has the same ID as 1.25" PVC, except it's much thinner (OD is smaller), and the inside is perfectly smooth, just like a stock PT. I used aluminium U-channel for the plunger rod, so all of the moving parts (spring not counted) weigh only 61 grams. It uses a spring I got from DIB, it has a 5.5" draw, but may be a bit weaker than ACE 49's. There are actually two stains on the wood, and I wanted to go for three (one just in the grooves) and a clear coat, but this thing was supposed to be done a week ago, so I just hurried it through.
Report Spam   Logged

Professional trouble magnet of the NIC.
Hit me up if you want a war in Oxnard.
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2012, 04:43:24 pm »

This isn't really a modification, or a paintjob, but it's a blaster. My (used) Vortex Tornado X2:

I can't wait to finish the internals...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: