Home Of Foam
March 28, 2024, 09:26:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

A summer contest for HoF

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: A summer contest for HoF  (Read 2867 times)
Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:45:39 pm »

I was thinking it would be cool if HoF did another contest for the summer to try to get more members.If we could get FU or Nrev to help us advertise, then I think it could be a big hit. Or we could partner up with Taerkitty or something, since he did the crappies contest. I just don't really know what it should be about. The external mod contest did horribly, FU just had a mod contest, and Nrev tried to do a homemade contest. I was leaning toward homemade, just because we're kind of in a homemade arms race with all the new blasters, and the bullpup craze. So, what do you guys think?

(This was coppied from the exact post I sent to Zero.)
Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Exo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 06:34:59 pm »

I'd love to have a contest here. Maybe a tech development contest, not necessarily homemades or production mods. I've got a few ideas that I haven't done anything with that I think could be good places to start. Maybe like: tube mags, homemade flywheels, homemade clip systems, just have people build stuff that no one's tried before.

I don't know how much or be able to participate, July is non-existent for me because I'm going to rose-hulman in Indiana for the summer enginnering program.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:37:10 pm by Exo » Report Spam   Logged

Professional trouble magnet of the NIC.
Hit me up if you want a war in Oxnard.
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 11:47:48 am »

I won't have much free time in July either, my family always rents a cottage at a lake near us. A development contest would be cool, but we would not have a lot of ways to judge it. A clip making contest would be  cool. I would love to see something better than the hopper, that is hardware-store-able. Any more ideas, people?
Report Spam   Logged

... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 03:24:11 pm »

I think either August or September... Although, I will probably not enter due to the fact I would be blown out of the water.
Report Spam   Logged

KIDD [01|Dec 04:17 PM]:   Chuck Testa
Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
Exo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 04:15:07 pm »

Crank-powered homemades only! No ones built anything like it, and anything we produced would be the first of it's kind.
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 09:17:23 pm »

So, exotic homemade? I would have to build the prize in early August if we ended it in September, because I have no free time in September. Crank-powered homemade would be cool. Maybe a different pulpusion contest/priming method contest? An outside-the-box contest. I like it.
Report Spam   Logged

Exo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 11:16:38 pm »

Well, Pedoonis on NH just announced a contest with pretty nice prizes, so I don't think ours would manage to snag much attention at this time.
Report Spam   Logged

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 01:28:52 pm »

Well, Pedoonis on NH just announced a contest with pretty nice prizes, so I don't think ours would manage to snag much attention at this time.

*Sigh* KiDD and that stupid filter! XD

I thought maybe a originality contest, the more original and groundbreaking the higher the score...
Report Spam   Logged

Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
ACEnerfer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 01:24:30 am »

*Sigh* KiDD and that stupid filter! XD

I thought maybe a originality contest, the more original and groundbreaking the higher the score...
I love this idea, and would be sure to enter. Sign me up! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 01:37:18 pm »

Alright, thanks for your input and support, so what do tech and Cat think hmm?
Report Spam   Logged

Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 07:49:09 pm »

Alright, thanks for your input and support, so what do tech and Cat think hmm?
Tell me if I'm wrong, but after seeing half of Cat's pics deleted (from what I see, tell me if I'm wrong) and him not posting every other day (like he usually does) I think means that he's gone.......
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 10:17:17 pm »

That is basically the trend of the members on our website. I think it's only me and you now, Zero. I like the originality contest. Creative, wacky stuff is always good. We could open it to everything (including darts). What does the silent majority think  (haha, I quoted Nixon).

As I prize, I could off a RBPistol with a 1/8in. ID plunger tube. I have lots of scrap left from my Tbow...
Report Spam   Logged

Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 07:39:14 am »

That is basically the trend of the members on our website. I think it's only me and you now, Zero. I like the originality contest. Creative, wacky stuff is always good. We could open it to everything (including darts). What does the silent majority think  (haha, I quoted Nixon).

As I prize, I could off a RBPistol with a 1/8in. ID plunger tube. I have lots of scrap left from my Tbow...

We'll need a second and third place prizes but in order to get members and entries we could change our tag things in our sigs from others sties from, "Come join our Home Of Foam," To, "Want a free RBPistol?  Join our contest now!"
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 09:35:05 am »

Ya, that'd work Lein. I don't think I could offer too much of a second place prize, and we need some substantial entries for that. I would like at least 6 to hand out the RBPistol. Also, I have little internet access during July, so we need to get this contest set up before July.
Report Spam   Logged

Exo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 02:18:52 pm »

If it's a "make the craziest thing to come out of your mind" contest, then I'm good to go, no matter when the date is, I'm almost done with my potential entry.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: