Home Of Foam
March 28, 2024, 08:11:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

A summer contest for HoF

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: A summer contest for HoF  (Read 2883 times)
Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 06:02:16 pm »

Ok guys, we need to finalize the contest theme. What are the rules for the crazies contest? I know I'll be a judge, and Zero will (most likely) be one. 1st place is an RBpistol, and we need 6 people entering. I'll say it can last until october 18, just to make the date long enough to get a lot of entries. We need a little bit more feadback then what we are getting at the moment, people!
Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 10:45:57 am »

Ok guys, we need to finalize the contest theme. What are the rules for the crazies contest? I know I'll be a judge, and Zero will (most likely) be one. 1st place is an RBpistol, and we need 6 people entering. I'll say it can last until october 18, just to make the date long enough to get a lot of entries. We need a little bit more feadback then what we are getting at the moment, people!

Hmmmm rules.... As of now I'm trying to come up with a good point system, and I'm also trying to think up what should not be allowed, and what should be allowed, any suggestions on that?
Report Spam   Logged

KIDD [01|Dec 04:17 PM]:   Chuck Testa
Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
Exo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 12:54:35 pm »

Originality, implementability, and cleanliness. And, clever use of existing parts to do away with exotic parts. Maybe also a bonus point provision for hardwar store only builds.
Report Spam   Logged

Professional trouble magnet of the NIC.
Hit me up if you want a war in Oxnard.
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 05:17:19 pm »

I was thinking about reproducability, cost, and writeup quality. I like what Exo posted, also, and they should be added to my list (but if it's a "crazy" contest, I don't really think cleanliness matters.) I think everything should be allowed, unless it is dangerous. If their are any lurkers out their with ideas, post them for gosh sake!

Edit: I would also like a different forum to help support us. Nhaven and NHQ are out, so that leaves Nrev and FU. We have internal ties with FU, but those ties are a brother, and you know how they are, so I was leaning more towards Nrev. Also, it would be cool if we could get a blog to help us out. I'm friends with an author of Acenerfer's blog, but I kind of want something... bigger.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:22:14 pm by Techshooter » Report Spam   Logged

... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 08:14:31 am »

I was thinking about reproducability, cost, and writeup quality. I like what Exo posted, also, and they should be added to my list (but if it's a "crazy" contest, I don't really think cleanliness matters.) I think everything should be allowed, unless it is dangerous. If their are any lurkers out their with ideas, post them for gosh sake!

Edit: I would also like a different forum to help support us. Nhaven and NHQ are out, so that leaves Nrev and FU. We have internal ties with FU, but those ties are a brother, and you know how they are, so I was leaning more towards Nrev. Also, it would be cool if we could get a blog to help us out. I'm friends with an author of Acenerfer's blog, but I kind of want something... bigger.
I would ask Vince and Rouge first.  If they say go for it then PM taerkitty and see if he'll help because he's great at hoese kind of things (I'm guaranteeing that if he enters he'll get a "0" in the cleanliness part of the contest.
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 08:32:15 am »

Yeah I don't think cleanliness should be part of it.

Edit: I would also like a different forum to help support us. Nhaven and NHQ are out, so that leaves Nrev and FU. We have internal ties with FU, but those ties are a brother, and you know how they are....

It depends, what kind of assistance do you need, I may be able to work something out, depending on what you exactly mean. Also, even if, K1LL is a pretty cool dude too, he would probably let us do something.
Report Spam   Logged

Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 10:16:12 am »

I was leaning more towards advertising than anything else. K1LL would probably let us do something, but I figured it was best to ask the head boss man. Vince is pretty cool, but I've PM'd Rogue before, and he tends to ignore you (I was even going to sell him LS parts). Vince and Ozzy would probably be the ones to ask. NMaR would probably post something if we ask. I'm not really asking any other forum to judge, unless they want too, I just want to advertise more than just a link in our sig.
Report Spam   Logged

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 03:20:52 pm »

I was leaning more towards advertising than anything else. K1LL would probably let us do something, but I figured it was best to ask the head boss man. Vince is pretty cool, but I've PM'd Rogue before, and he tends to ignore you (I was even going to sell him LS parts). Vince and Ozzy would probably be the ones to ask. NMaR would probably post something if we ask. I'm not really asking any other forum to judge, unless they want too, I just want to advertise more than just a link in our sig.

Mega would probably let us do it...

Ambiance is pretty nice too...
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 09:18:33 pm »

Ok, we need to get something together tomorrow, or I'm leaving it to Zero to plan. So, what we have so far:

-We can probably get Nrev. Vincent, Ozzy, and Ambience are the ones to PM. I might do this if I get a thread up by tomorrow.

-FU will probably let us. Zero doesn't need to PM Mega, he lives with him.

-The things we will be judging are: Originality, reproducibility, craziness, use of unexpected parts, cost, and writeup quality. I don't know what the scale will be. I guess something like 1 to 8, just to be different

-1st prize is an RBpistol, if we get at least 7 entries.

-All entries must be posted on HoF, unless we partner with another site. If it is posted on HoF, you'll get a certain advantage, though. Maybe 3 extra points.

-It will start whenever we post the official post, and end sometime in October.

-Me and Zero are the judges, and possibly more if we partner with more sites.

-Their is a possible of 48 points, unless you post your writeup on HoF, and then theirs 50.

-We'll finish judging when we reach a decision. No specific date.

-We'll ask germ and maybe Acenerfer if they will post a link to this on their blog.

-More stuff that I'm probably forgetting, seeing as I posting this as quick as I can for enough people to see it before tomorrow.

If their is anything I'm forgetting, please let me know.
Report Spam   Logged

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 09:06:35 pm »

I will send him a PM, more official that way... What would you like, a announcement on FU, or would you like it to be put in the news?
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 10:14:16 am »

I will send him a PM, more official that way... What would you like, a announcement on FU, or would you like it to be put in the news?

Either is fine, but both is better... GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!!! Also, I'll post the official thread today. That thread is for entries only, this thread is for discussion only. I'll PM Ambience, Ozzy, and Vince. Let's hope to get this thing off the ground by today.
Report Spam   Logged

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 02:42:33 pm »

Mega has kindly given us a link in the news at FU...

EDIT: This will be stickied until the contest is finished.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:58:01 pm by Zero96 » Report Spam   Logged

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 12:59:29 pm »

IMPORTANT DOUBLE POST...

Tech, the date is not quite set, yet, what will it be, any feed back on what you think should be the starting and finishing date should would help as well, thank you.
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 10:17:59 pm »

It's already started, and ends October 26th. It says so in the thread.
Report Spam   Logged

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2012, 05:38:36 pm »

It's already started, and ends October 26th. It says so in the thread.

I didn't see the actual starting date in the official... OK so all things that anybody has can start to be posted alright, thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: