Home Of Foam
March 29, 2024, 03:44:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

Newsletter #3, Summer time!

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newsletter #3, Summer time!  (Read 767 times)
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2012, 07:41:55 pm »

Newsletter #3

‘lo all and welcome to the third newsletter for the HoF

Hall of Fame Blasters!
Exostein’s Monster

Techshooter’s Brass/PETG breached Deploy

iamthatcat’s V 1.0 Shotcannon

iamthatcat’s reflex rifle V 2.5

Techshooter’s Homemade L+L

Quote Time!
Voldemort is just like a teenage girl.  He has  diary, a favorite ring and necklace, a pet he adores, and a massive obsession with a famous teenage boy.

Random Facts

Women are 37% more likely to go to a psychiatrist than men are.

The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m).

When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.

On average, there are 178 sesame seeds on each McDonalds Big Mac bun.

The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used.

Question of the (period of time between how long I'll have to wait till the next newsletter)

What darts do you prefer during wars and HvZ?

I personally prefer stock darts.  Although most of them suck them aren't that good they even out the playing field due to being inaccurate after 80'.  Also, if you suck at making darts and have bad materials and you're facing someoone with top-o-the-line materials and amazing darts, who has the advantage?  I simply prefer them because they make gameplay fun because no one can "sn!pe."

So, for my second newsletter how’d I do?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:03:54 am by Lein » Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Exo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 01:12:48 am »

Yay, I'm in the newsletter again! I would like a challenge of the (period of time between how long I'll have to wait till the next newsletter), though.
Report Spam   Logged

Professional trouble magnet of the NIC.
Hit me up if you want a war in Oxnard.
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 11:04:20 am »

Yay, I'm in the newsletter again! I would like a challenge of the (period of time between how long I'll have to wait till the next newsletter), though.
Fixed meh good man.
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 02:05:17 pm »

Yay, I'm in it too. I like the newsletter. It's more flashy then Nrev's. I perfer slugs, just because it makes ranges more consistent among nerfers. Most people range-test with slugs, so my ranges are just as accurate as someone else's.
Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Exo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 02:47:31 pm »

I recently fixed up my BBURB and my 'Cade, and I have them running so that I can fire all different kinds of stock darts, except for thin-heads, like streamlines.

Everything else is either couplered or CPVC'd, and I like to use stefans with those. I've been experimenting with molds of different tips, I started off with streamlines, then I tried a nuthead ( but only the round part, not the nut part), but both of those were too wide, so they wouldn't work in some things, so I tried a bike tire stem cap, but it was too hard to attach to the foam, like the previous designs, so now, I've molded a large screw. The threads make it easy to attach to the foam, and while the head isn't perfectly uniform because there is no mold for the head, just a floor and walls to limit the shape, they seem to be well weighted and accurate.
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 04:28:53 pm »

One thing that I've never understood is if people are trying to make metal-free darts, why don't they cut polycarb circles or something? Or use some sort of plastic washer, other than nylon (they are way too much.) That's all Kanes ~ANS are trying to acomplish.
Report Spam   Logged

... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 06:11:46 pm »

One thing that I've never understood is if people are trying to make metal-free darts, why don't they cut polycarb circles or something? Or use some sort of plastic washer, other than nylon (they are way too much.) That's all Kanes ~ANS are trying to acomplish.
Or some sort of cardboard head darts.  Wire wrap darts are effective like that too.
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 09:58:16 pm »

Great job Lein much improved... I think 2 months for our monthly newletter... XD
Report Spam   Logged

KIDD [01|Dec 04:17 PM]:   Chuck Testa
Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
Exo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 12:04:41 am »

Metal is dense, so you get good weight in small sizes. If you replace it with something else, you will most likely loose weight, take TK's nuthead darts, they have good weight, but are huge. Also, polycarbonate is really expensive, especially for darts.
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 10:46:01 am »

We could use PVC sheet then or something. I guess I'll ahve to look into different plastic washers on McMasters...

Edit: Ehh... That was a bad idea. The ideal washers that I found came in packs of 10, and were the same price of 700 metal washers. How much does plasti-dip cost? That would work like ~ANS,  just plastic instead of silicone. It's more dense, so you could use less.  I'll have to look into that, and then probably edit this post again after I see the cost...

Edit #2: Plasti dip looks promising. I looked it up, and found this. It dries in 30 minutes, and one can covers 5 square feet. We could get a good amout of darts out of it. So, what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:10:52 am by Techshooter » Report Spam   Logged

ACEnerfer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 01:19:43 am »

Nylon and polycarb are too light, and serve the same problem as metal things, they can be harmful if stepped on or eaten, and don't deteriate.
EDIT: didnt realize this had already been answered. Plati dip looks good, butt has the deteriation factor again, along with weight.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:21:38 am by ACEnerfer » Report Spam   Logged
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 09:41:44 am »

The only point of the plasti dip darts is trying to do what Kane tried with the ~ANS. Metal-free darts. Plasti dip is actually rubber, not plastic, so I don't know what would decompose quicker. Plasti dip is safer, though, if the dart somehow separated. Also, these would be more durable, since the weight is also the glue.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: