Home Of Foam
March 19, 2024, 03:47:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

Sports

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sports  (Read 449 times)
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2013, 12:04:42 pm »

We have a workout thread, let's have a sports thread too!

Bowling:

My personal favorite sport on par with cross country.

My strike ball is a Columbia 300 freeze.  It's a 14 lb ball with very nice spin.

My Spare ball is a plastic ball with ABSOLUTELY no spin (which is very nice for picking up the 10 pin (which is the pin at the far right and very back of the set)).  It has my school's logo on it which I think is pretty awesome.  Again, 14 lb

I personally bowl two finger, which means that I don't use my thumb on my strike shot, but I do use three fingers for my 10 pin shot.

So, what sports do you guys play?
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 05:11:31 pm »

I'm bad at basketball but I play it every now and then.

Not bad at throwing a football.

I play "Wally ball" with friends, tomorrow as a matter of fact. Wally ball is volley ball in a racket ball court by the way.

No disrespect or offense meant to your bowling, but... Is bowling considered a sport, just out of curiosity. XD
Report Spam   Logged

KIDD [01|Dec 04:17 PM]:   Chuck Testa
Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 07:55:07 pm »

No disrespect or offense meant to your bowling, but... Is bowling considered a sport, just out of curiosity. XD

ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network, and every sunday they air PBA tournaments, so yes, I consider bowling a sport, I suppose it's all up to your criteria for sports though.
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 10:40:07 pm »

ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network, and every sunday they air PBA tournaments, so yes, I consider bowling a sport, I suppose it's all up to your criteria for sports though.

Yeah that's true, but they had rock paper scissor tournaments and worse then that NASCAR.

Granted bowling is a lot hard then rock paper scissors and NASCAR. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 08:26:05 pm »

Rock Paper Scissors takes no skill whatsoever........A chance of bowling a perfect game is .00002%

Just Sayin.....
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 09:55:16 pm »

Rock Paper Scissors takes no skill whatsoever........A chance of bowling a perfect game is .00002%

Just Sayin.....

For sure it takes massive amounts of talent (Unlike rock paper scissors) but skill is not athleticism, like running fast, jumping high, ect. You know things that take a crap load of psychical work. Golf for instance, takes a lot of skill, but not a lot of athleticism hence the reason overweight middle aged men can play golf. XD 
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 05:44:16 pm »

Just Sayin.....

For sure it takes massive amounts of talent (Unlike rock paper scissors) but skill is not athleticism, like running fast, jumping high, ect. You know things that take a crap load of psychical work. Golf for instance, takes a lot of skill, but not a lot of athleticism hence the reason overweight middle aged men can play golf. XD 

You're just out to criticize the sports we play.....I consider bowling a sport, because it takes muscular strength. It really is all opinion though.

As said in the Techbox, I'm going to play golf, but the team hasn't meant yet. I play soccer, also. I'm on varsity now, and my coach is already starting to practice (the season doesn't start until August .)  My friends and I did cheer leading as a joke once, but never again. That was harder than I ever thought it was X)
Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »

You're just out to criticize the sports we play.....I consider bowling a sport, because it takes muscular strength. It really is all opinion though.

Sorry man didn't want to get you irritated..

I am not good at any sport, like I sad I suck so bad at ice skating I ended up rippin' my head open. I have played entire games of basket ball without scoring a point. I can sort of throw a football, but not that great. I can't swim at all. Best game of bowling I ever had was probably a 120. By some sort of event I got a -1 in golf on one hole, with the reat being like 7 or 8s. Hence, just opinion of mine, I am not good at sports I am just sayin'.
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 03:16:30 pm »

Sorry man didn't want to get you irritated..

I am not good at any sport, like I sad I suck so bad at ice skating I ended up rippin' my head open. I have played entire games of basket ball without scoring a point. I can sort of throw a football, but not that great. I can't swim at all. Best game of bowling I ever had was probably a 120. By some sort of event I got a -1 in golf on one hole, with the reat being like 7 or 8s. Hence, just opinion of mine, I am not good at sports I am just sayin'.

I didn't mean to sound irritated because I wasn't. I was just stating my opinion hahaha.  My best bowing game was 110 or something.....
Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: