Home Of Foam
April 19, 2024, 02:27:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

Wookie Boy [Write-Up] by yksnerf

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wookie Boy [Write-Up] by yksnerf  (Read 336 times)
yksnerf

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2013, 10:19:39 pm »

Basically, I got this thing in a box of guns to mod for some contracts.  If any of you guys have the same one, here's a mod guide for you. Ranges previously were about 2 feet (Literally) and afterward, I'm getting 30-50' flat with stock streamlines.

Anyways, let's get right into this!

Materials:
1/2" CPVC or 17/32" Brass barrel, I think brass would be better in this application as it's a bit more loose for the low power of this weapon.
Some hot glue.
Some epoxy, Goop, rubber cement- anything that's suitable for a barrel seal.

Tools:
Phillips head screwdriver- Larger than for a normal Nerf gun, my main screwdriver that is the PERFECT size for all Nerf screws was a bit too small here.
Dremel, file, even some wire cutters if you're desperate- There's just a small rail of plastic you have to shave down.
Maybe a standard "Flat head" screwdriver to pop the thing apart.

Total mod time, about 3 minutes for screw removal using my screwdriver that was too small, maybe 10-20 minutes for the actual modding, 5 minutes for re-assembly.  Here we go!

Stock blaster:

Side with the screws on it:

Start by taking the screws out of the orange front piece, then gently popping it apart.

That little tab between the orange pieces there is what holds the bow arms in place. If you're holding the crossbow as though you would shoot it, grab the bow arms and twist the TOP towards you while pushing down and it'll come off easily.

Next, you can pull off the orange pieces. Mine came out with the barrel:

Here's the front- On the right is where the barrel used to be, and you can see the peg which is an AR.

Take out all the screws now, here are the internals.  Truly more simple than a NiteFinder internals.

As you can see, there is a blue tube (The one with the silver squiggly line going across it), that hides the clear tube.  You can slide that off the front. Next, grab the AR assembly. This is where things are slightly less easy.  I tried cutting mine here:

That wasn't far enough.  So grab a Dremel or a hacksaw and start cutting off farther down that assembly, until you just hit a spring:

But now, with all that junk cut off, you can see that this piece does not reach the barrel.

Grab that blue cosmetic barrel piece shown in the next picture. You'll need to cut off an inch of it, although I don't have a picture for that.

Hammer it into about 2.5-3" of CPVC, until it simply is snug- You want enough length from it to reach the cut down AR assembly.

I first slid the cosmetic barrel that was leftover onto the clear tube. After this, I applied some Goop to the cut down AR assembly, then put it in the blue piece sticking out of the CPVC. I applied some hot glue to hold it while the Goop cured, then slid up the cosmetic barrel to cool in the hot glue as well.

Finished up:

I drilled a hole in the priming arm and added a loop of string, this makes priming the blaster MUCH easier.

Hope you enjoyed, and if you have the blaster, hope this helped you mod it!

Yksnerf out!  :rock:
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zero96
Administrator

Master of Annoyance.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 01:19:53 pm »

Nice write up Yks!

This must of been made before I got into Nerf, because I have never seen one of these.

A increase from 2 feet to 30/50? Nice...
Report Spam   Logged

KIDD [01|Dec 04:17 PM]:   Chuck Testa
Ambience 327 [02|Dec 09:13 AM]:   At first I read that as "Chuck Tesla". I thought the world was about to explode, as someone had finally combined the bearded awesomeness of Chuck Norris with the scientific awesomeness of Nikola Tesla... Smiley
Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 03:15:24 pm »

Thanks for the writeup Yks! I love the wookie bow.... I just wish I had one.
Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: