Home Of Foam
March 28, 2024, 03:10:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

Concept Thread

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Concept Thread  (Read 7629 times)
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2011, 02:22:10 pm »

Too much work. If you're talking about the new sharpshots, then I've got something easy for you.
1. Get a 5/8" spade bit, 4" oc CPVC, random other tools, duct tape, and the gun.
2. Remove the old barrel, and use the spade bit on the plunger tube, then put in the cpvc, maybe with a dart stop of some sort, and make it flush with the back of the plunger tube. Then put some duct tape on the front end of the cpvc, just so it will stick inside the muzzle.
3. Add springs, lubricate, re-assemble, etc.
4. Load a stefan, and prime the gun, in that order.
This eliminates all of the deadspace that inverse-plungers create by turning it into a pseudo-standard plunger, the end point of the plunger stroke and the back of the barrel are essentially the same place.

That's like, the exact same thing I did.  I'm getting constant ranges of about 55 ft.
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps
Exo

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2011, 12:21:51 pm »

Yeah, I used this method on my jerm-style barrel break, and I really like how well it works. I think eliminators are already set up like this.
Report Spam   Logged

Professional trouble magnet of the NIC.
Hit me up if you want a war in Oxnard.
Nerf Doctor
Contributors

Makes Cool S**T

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2012, 04:09:34 pm »

Chimera, only with a 1.5" PVAT instead of a Titan tank.
Report Spam   Logged

Edit #3: I spelled the name wrong, so for about 10 minutes, our website logo was "Hoe of Foam".
Exo

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 03:09:53 pm »

Okay, something I was thinking about today: homemade pulsestrikes are essentially bladders on 'roids, right?

So, put some constriction in the airflow of the HPS, and then put a small chamber to act as a tank at the end of the constriction, then place a WNTS in front of that, then put a wye on it. If it works, it'll be semi-automatic.
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »

Here's a concept I'm working on. This is just the ruff CAD, the detailed one is being worked on.

After I saw Louie's Revshot, I relized how over-complicated it is, and that it isn't very attractive. I moddified the design to make this. I call it the HoFblast, kind of mimicing the name of the Revshot with HoF.
Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Nerf Doctor
Contributors

Makes Cool S**T

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2012, 08:58:44 pm »

Looks simple, pump action, clip accepting breech, maybe a Rainbow catch?
Report Spam   Logged

Edit #3: I spelled the name wrong, so for about 10 minutes, our website logo was "Hoe of Foam".
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2012, 02:36:44 pm »

No, I want it to use a plusbow catch. It already has the sideplates, so I might as well use a plusbow catch. I'm thinking of making it all clear. The good CAD is 1/4 of the way done.
Report Spam   Logged

... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 04:09:01 pm »

No, I want it to use a plusbow catch. It already has the sideplates, so I might as well use a plusbow catch. I'm thinking of making it all clear. The good CAD is 1/4 of the way done.
How much would you consider selling these for or would you make a writeup?
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2012, 04:51:55 pm »

How much would you consider selling these for or would you make a writeup?

I'm not really sure, I don't know how much they would cost yet. It shouldn't be much more than a plusbow.
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2012, 06:48:33 pm »

Double post for important information.

The CAD is done:

The blaster is going to be only 23 inches long. To save room, I put the trigger and handle in from of the catch, and it will use extension springs instead of a compression spring.

Moneyshot:

Report Spam   Logged

Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2012, 07:48:18 pm »

The CAD is done:

The blaster is going to be only 23 inches long. To save room, I put the trigger and handle in from of the catch, and it will use extension springs instead of a compression spring.

Moneyshot:

I hope the handle will be much comfier than what it looks like in that program, maybe a maverick handle with some spraypaint? (what is that program by the way?  Looks interesting)
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2012, 08:01:57 pm »

The CAD is done:

Moneyshot:

I hope the handle will be much comfier than what it looks like in that program, maybe a maverick handle with some spraypaint? (what is that program by the way?  Looks interesting)

I'm using Google Sketchup 8. In that program, I can't really make the handle rounded, but in real life, I can. It's a plusbow style handle, just made out of wood. I'm trying to decide whether or not the handle to sideplate attachment piece is needed.
Report Spam   Logged

Nerf Doctor
Contributors

Makes Cool S**T

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2012, 08:59:28 pm »

Could probably just use a snap on handle, with a hole cut for the trigger. Also, the extension spring idea is good, but have to be careful not to get your seal smashed to leetle beety beets.

Edit: Just really looked at you design, and had a little light bulb. It looks from where the breech is that the pump grip will be sliding over the area where the barrel will be. For a priming idea: First the breech: have an inner barrel that the dart actually shoots out of anchored to the very front of the blaster, so it doesn't slide back and forth. Have the pump attached to the outer barrel that's part of the breech. Have the inner barrel have a slot for the dart right above the clip, since it doesn't move. Have the outer part of the breech have the slot for the dart where the slots won't line up until the very end of your backward pull of the slide. Then the priming itself: have the pump grip push the back of the barrel against the plunger head, thus pushing the plunger rod into the catch. It would need acompression spring then, to be able to function. If you need pics for this, I'll try to get some up.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:09:45 pm by Nerf Doctor » Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2012, 02:25:01 pm »

Could probably just use a snap on handle, with a hole cut for the trigger. Also, the extension spring idea is good, but have to be careful not to get your seal smashed to leetle beety beets.

Edit: Just really looked at you design, and had a little light bulb. It looks from where the breech is that the pump grip will be sliding over the area where the barrel will be. For a priming idea: First the breech: have an inner barrel that the dart actually shoots out of anchored to the very front of the blaster, so it doesn't slide back and forth. Have the pump attached to the outer barrel that's part of the breech. Have the inner barrel have a slot for the dart right above the clip, since it doesn't move. Have the outer part of the breech have the slot for the dart where the slots won't line up until the very end of your backward pull of the slide. Then the priming itself: have the pump grip push the back of the barrel against the plunger head, thus pushing the plunger rod into the catch. It would need acompression spring then, to be able to function. If you need pics for this, I'll try to get some up.

I'm not postitive I know what your saying, but to me, it sounds like how the angel breech functions, which is what I plan to use in mine, just made out of PETG tube instead of brass. The extension spring attaches to the back of the plunger rod, not the front. It's going to attach to the back catch plate.I'm going to redo the handle to make it traditionally like a +bow handle. Also, I want as much contribution from the members of HoF in this blaster as possible.
Report Spam   Logged

Exo

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2012, 03:23:27 pm »

Personally, I like the vertical pump handles a bit better, but my quad's rather comfy. I would suggest putting SOMETHING on the pumpgrip, I think that PVC is jsut a bit too slippery to be used as is. Also, why not just go for the S&G aspect and make it a bullpump design? KTM made a very beautiful one a long time ago.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: