Home Of Foam
March 28, 2024, 03:59:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come guests, come join Home of Foam! Thank you...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Login Register  

Concept Thread

+-
+-Techbox
December 11, 2020, 03:10:41 pm Lein says: It's been going good brother.  blessed to still be working and bought my first house Smiley
September 13, 2020, 07:36:16 pm Megaman_90 says: Hello my bros!
September 13, 2020, 07:36:10 pm Zero96 says: MY CHILDREN HOW IS 2020 TREATING YOU IF YOU SHALL SEE THIS
August 15, 2019, 01:17:49 pm Lein says: What's your definition of alive :-)
June 14, 2019, 11:35:18 pm Zero96 says: Still alive I see my bros
February 22, 2019, 02:56:29 pm Lein says: Cool! Just finished University myself
November 29, 2018, 01:29:12 pm Techshooter says: @Lein, I am at Univeristy. I'm an electrical engineering major at Rochester Institute of Technology
March 28, 2018, 11:43:12 am Lein says: Anyone play MOBAs? Also are you at university Tech?
March 22, 2018, 11:06:05 pm Techshooter says: Hey I looked at this!
February 20, 2018, 12:08:03 am UrMum says: RIP
View Shout History

You
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Recent Posts
Compressed Air Engine (my tenth grade science project) by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 05:24:10 pm

Re: Homemade Picture Thread! by Techshooter
December 19, 2015, 04:40:27 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 05, 2015, 11:52:21 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Zero96
April 03, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
April 01, 2015, 06:48:52 am

Re: Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Techshooter
March 31, 2015, 09:04:37 pm

Nerf DoubleDown Mod Guide: Part 1 by Nerf Doctor
March 31, 2015, 05:34:19 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 30, 2015, 01:19:42 pm

Re: Concept Thread by Nerf Doctor
March 29, 2015, 08:24:51 am

Re: Guide to Pictures That Won't Disappear by Nerf Doctor
March 28, 2015, 12:31:08 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Concept Thread  (Read 7608 times)
redfish

I have done nothing productive all day

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2011, 09:37:21 pm »

Hmm... I'll give it a shot. I recently ordered an assorted O-ring kit from Amazon, something every Nerfer should have. Hopefully I'll be able to find some that will fit.
Report Spam   Logged

NERF IS AWESOME!!!!!!!1!!!!!!111!!!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!ONE!!!!!ONEHUNDREDANDELEVEN!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!
Techshooter
The Human Pooper Scooper.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 10:31:16 am »

Well, I mean as an O-ring replacement for the plunger. I guess I can try multiple layers of weatherstripping and/or multiple O-rings?
Oh.. silly me...

Teflon tape + O rings is what I use to get perfect seals. Fender washers will work nice too.

Along those lines, a skirt seal would make a perfect seal. There pricey, but they would work great.

Hmm... I'll give it a shot. I recently ordered an assorted O-ring kit from Amazon, something every Nerfer should have. Hopefully I'll be able to find some that will fit.

Ya, you can get a perfect seal prettsy easily with o-rings. Thats what I did to my HAMP, which now has a perfect seal with an o-ring. Yarn would work to. I have one of those kits, too, that I got from my dad.
Report Spam   Logged

People have been banding NFs and TTG forever.
... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
redfish

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 01:05:54 pm »

Along those lines, a skirt seal would make a perfect seal. There pricey, but they would work great.

Where can I get one of those? Also, where is a good internet parts dealer for nerf guns? I see references to places like mcmaster and others, but I've yet to encounter an actual link.
Report Spam   Logged

NERF IS AWESOME!!!!!!!1!!!!!!111!!!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!ONE!!!!!ONEHUNDREDANDELEVEN!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!
Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 01:41:51 pm »

Where can I get one of those? Also, where is a good internet parts dealer for nerf guns? I see references to places like mcmaster and others, but I've yet to encounter an actual link.

You can get them from McMasters.You have to put a spacer in the middle to cause them to flare out, but they make a perfect seal.
Report Spam   Logged

... Tech... You do know that banding a animal is getting rid of the balls right?
KiDD
Death the KiDD
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 04:09:11 pm »

HAI GUISE

So, this is something I thought of. A spring fed hopper.

Nihil made a spring-fed RSCB a while ago, using AR springs. Since its deadspace reducing, I think it could potentially be put on a NF.

Someone on FU wanted do do one, and now I think its possible.... only problem, I have no wyes, so someone with some could try it out?

Heres the link for the spring fed RSCB: CLICK MEH BABEH!
Report Spam   Logged

I do commission's year long, PM me for details.
Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 05:11:33 pm »

HAI GUISE

Nihil made a spring-fed RSCB a while ago, using AR springs. Since its deadspace reducing, I think it could potentially be put on a NF.

Someone on FU wanted do do one, and now I think its possible.... only problem, I have no wyes, so someone with some could try it out?

You could also use the wire from spiral notebooks.  The only problem is if they compress they don't......un-compress so you'd have to get one of those fancy-preschoolers-think-they're-cool-but-everyone-else-thinks-they're-s***-notebooks with the rubbers covering because they're much better quality.

LEIN(now in lime green)
Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps
redfish

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »

You can get them from McMasters.You have to put a spacer in the middle to cause them to flare out, but they make a perfect seal.

Thank you! I just bookmarked that site.

HAI GUISE

I'm confused. Isn't a clip a spring-fed hopper? Or is there something I'm misunderstanding?

EDIT:
Hey, what about a motorized hopper? That way there wouldn't be any chance of double-loading and the number of jams would be significantly reduced!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:33:58 pm by redfish » Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2011, 07:29:26 pm »

You guys are stating to cunfuse me about the spring fed hopper. The point of the spring fed RSCB was so that you didn't have to point the barrel down every time to fire, not to reduce dead space. If it could reduce deadspace, the springs would have to be much stronger. Plus, you would then have to load the clip part of the hopper through the front. Hoppers don't drop that much range, anyway...

The motorized hopper really confuses me. Can yo uexplain it more? If you use 3cm. darts, you shouldn't have any jams. I haven't had any in my hoppers...
Report Spam   Logged

KiDD
Death the KiDD
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2011, 07:32:13 pm »

You guys are stating to cunfuse me about the spring fed hopper. The point of the spring fed RSCB was so that you didn't have to point the barrel down every time to fire, not to reduce dead space. If it could reduce deadspace, the springs would have to be much stronger. Plus, you would then have to load the clip part of the hopper through the front. Hoppers don't drop that much range, anyway...

Some guy had a notebook one that reduced deadspace. I know hoppers don't drop range by much, but a NF doesn't have much air output, and I like to get the best range out of my blasters.
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2011, 07:34:50 pm »

Some guy had a notebook one that reduced deadspace. I know hoppers don't drop range by much, but a NF doesn't have much air output, and I like to get the best range out of my blasters.

*cough* Range Wh*re *cough* Anyway, making a hopper work with a NF would be supper hard... I like the idea, though. You could use a double sided clip.
Report Spam   Logged

KiDD
Death the KiDD
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2011, 07:36:39 pm »

*cough* Range Wh*re *cough*
Me no get...

Yeah, I like the idea. I don't like have 1 shot on a pistol.... shame.
Report Spam   Logged

redfish

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 09:42:51 pm »

I don't have a NF so I can't help any there.

Anyways, to completely start a new topic, I've got this broken barrel break I want to do stuff to. Any ideas? I've already replaced the O-ring (the new one is 100% airtight w00t) and done all the standard stuff. I think I'm gonna use double springs with the stock spring plus a longstrike spring. I've also been working on a brass-free airtight breech, using PVC and some stock barrel material (the stuff with the grooves).

The big thing is that one of the plungers was destroyed by my brothers. Because of this, only one of the barrels will fire. I was thinking about putting something like a flashlight or whatever in the other, so that when you pulled the trigger to fire the left barrel a flashlight turned on and then full depress to fire. I could also use like a laser pointer and have a laser-guided barrel break.  
Report Spam   Logged

Techshooter
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 09:49:58 pm »

You can always do this. It replaces the stock plunger tubes with NF plunger tubes.
Report Spam   Logged

redfish

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 09:57:28 pm »

You can always do this. It replaces the stock plunger tubes with NF plunger tubes.

Hmmm... Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be getting my hands on any of those materials anytime soon....  Undecided I wonder if I can increase the draw by replacing the plunger and plunger tube with those from a longstrike? I would end up with a plunger tube sticking out of the back of the gun when cocked. It would be interesting, to say the least.
Part transplants FTW?
Report Spam   Logged

Lein
MAN OF SUPREME EVIL!

Shooting zombies since 1999

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 07:57:41 am »

After watching a video about a magstrike with a titan underneath.  The magstrike bladder fills the titan tank and then the titan tank fires, but what if I could do the opposite?  So I came up with this-Sorry about the pic but I can't seem to get it to work, here's a link-http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/magsetup.png/

My only problem with this setup would be that when the air goes into the bladder it might pop it so any ideas or
suggestions? Cheesy

Tech edit: I fixed you picture and slashed through some of the old stuff thats wrong now.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 09:35:50 am by Techshooter » Report Spam   Logged

Dead hobby RIP

Following in KiDD's footsteps

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: